Protecting Your Family from Carbon Monoxide with a Pre-Season Heating Tune-Up & Safety Check
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that if built up can potentially kill a person if not properly monitored and if a space is not properly ventilated while it is in use. A recent CDC article estimates 400 people per year die from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning, 4,000 people are hospitalized and over 20,000 people go to the hospital to be treated in the emergency room with Carbon Monoxide related issues.
Where is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon Monoxide is a biproduct of things we use every day. Some of the more common places it can be found are as follows:
- Gas Stoves
- Small Engines
What Can I Do to Protect Myself and My Family?
- Replace your Carbon Monoxide Detector in your home every 5 years.
- Do not use portable gas heaters, gas stoves or generators indoors. Generators must be at least 20 feet away from any openings to your home.
- Get your fireplace and chimney checked every year.
- Any indoor burning of charcoal should be prohibited.
- Never leave a vehicle running in a closed garage.
Who is at Risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning?
- The elderly
- Those with breathing difficulties
- People with chronic heart disease
Memphis Air Conditioning & Heating can come out and perform heating system maintenance. Our professional HVAC staff has tools to detect carbon dioxide levels that are unsafe for you, your family, and pets. Call Memphis Air Conditioning & Heating to schedule your appointment today and keep your family safe.
Carbon Monoxide safety, Carbon Monoxide testing, Furance, furnance Special, Heating, Heating Tune ups, HVAC commercial maintenance, HVAC commercial repair, Memphis AC & Heating, Memphis air conditioning, Memphis Air Conditioning and Heating